1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Women Saves Hedgehog :)

Discussion in 'General Hedgehog Discussion' started by Abdulla, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Abdulla

Abdulla New Member

2. Josh

Josh HedgehogForums Admin Staff Member

Wow fascinating! How often do you see native hedgies?
  3. Hedgehog In A Blog

Hedgehog In A Blog New Member

Oh wow. That's really cool! Thanks for sharing that :) Do you live in the UAE? That Mall of The World in Dubai looks AWESOME!
    Abdulla likes this.
  4. Abdulla

Abdulla New Member

I've never personally seen them, but I've seen them in books showing the animals here... I think they would be somewhere in the desert, near vegetation and a water source, maybe they might be spotted in some farms? Im sure there are some in the middle of the desert, but them being nocturnal just makes it harder for me to find them;).
  5. Abdulla

Abdulla New Member

I do live in the UAE. I really need that mall built now :p
  6. gracefulchaos

gracefulchaos New Member

When I was a kid I read the Black Stallion series to pieces. My favorite parts were when Alec went to the Arabian desert to "rescue" the Black. I have been fascinated with the idea ever since. Then I remind myself I hate the hot and the sand and would be miserable 5 minutes after arriving :) some things are best left to the imagination
  7. Tongue Flicker

Tongue Flicker Active Member

You won't believe how many wild hedgehogs i see daily scouring my trash bin outside for meat scraps lol.
  8. Patrick

Patrick Administrator Staff Member

What do you call a group of hedgehogs? A herd, or a prickle it seems. I like prickle :)
  9. gracefulchaos

gracefulchaos New Member

An array. I looked it up weeks ago :)
  10. Patrick

Ooooo an array, I like it!
    gracefulchaos likes this.
  11. Tongue Flicker

Tongue Flicker Active Member

since, hedgies are normally solitary animals, i think it's kinda scary seeing a huge group of one hahahaha
  12. Josh

Josh HedgehogForums Admin Staff Member

An array of hedgehogs! Reminds me of programming... Why an array? Anyone know?
  13. Patrick

Reminds me of Star Trek...
  14. Jrwarren

Jrwarren Guest

I expected a more dramatic story! I see 'native' hedgehogs quiet a lot around gardens, alley ways etc. I live in the UK so obviously they're not as impressive as the African pygmy hedgehogs.