1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Phyllis Diller's Mom has joined!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tuscadero, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member

I'm a new Hedgie Mom to a sweet little girl, Phyllis Diller - a Cinnacot Reverse Pinto. She was born 4/4/2014 and I brought her home 5/29/2014. We live in Shelby County, Tennessee (close to Memphis).

Her dad is a new hedgie to America, recently arrived from Czechoslovakia. She has a brother who has joined her breeder's herd as a new stud to continue the new bloodline.

So far, things seem to be going well. I did a lot of research before adopting a hedgie - for about a year.

Phyllis seems to be thriving. She does not like to be on her back curled up and she'd rather NOT have a bath or foot soak of any kind. She loves her wheel, her jacks, and her snuggle sack.

She won't touch freeze-dried mealworms so she has the cold ones in the fridge. She seems to like cooked carrots. Still iffy on whether or not she's interested in being litter trained. If she would, it would cut down on those poopey boots and hedgie pedis.

So, that's Phyllis!

Attached Files:

Abdulla likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh HedgehogForums Admin Staff Member

Hello @Tuscadero and welcome to the forum! Phyllis looks adorable in the photo you posted! How rare do you estimate the Cinnacot Reverse Pinto hedgies are in the US? How difficult was she to come by? Did you have to be on a waiting list or anything?
  3. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member

Hi, Josh! The breeder said she had not seen this color pattern which is why she kept the boy (Zyphire) for breeding. I haven't researched the rarity of her coloring. The breeder is April from April's Hedgie Herd. She has a Facebook page and a website (thehedgieherd.com). She may know more about that.

You can see better pics of Phyllis's parents on April's website, too. Her mom is Talena and looks very light, maybe an apricot. Her dad, Bohdan, is much darker. Zyphire, her brother, looks just like Phyllis but with a different snout coloring.

Here are pics of Phyllis's parents.

Attached Files:

4. ShadowRancher

ShadowRancher Member

Wow she's adorable! Gorgeous coloring.
    Tuscadero likes this.
  5. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member

Thanks! I think she's beautiful, but I am a little biased. ;)
    Hedgehog In A Blog and Patrick like this.
  6. Tongue Flicker

Tongue Flicker Active Member

It maybe a little late but welcome aboard! :)
    Josh likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh HedgehogForums Admin Staff Member

Better late than never, I always say!
    Patrick likes this.
  8. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member

9. Abdulla

Abdulla New Member

Welcome to the forum :D
  10. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member

11. Hedgehog In A Blog

Hedgehog In A Blog New Member

I think I follow you on Instagram, Phyllis Diller's Mom. If I don't, do you have one that I can follow?