1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you house your Hedgehog?

Discussion in 'Hedgehog Housing' started by Patrick, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason New Member

I have a question about the flooring in my enclosure. The flooring I put down is industrial grade matting to protect the wood and to give him some traction on the ramps. Should I put down a fleece liner? It doesn't seem to bother him and he has a nice cozy fleece bed, a wheel and some PVC to play with in there now. I was just wondering what everyone thought. Thanks.
  2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator Staff Member

I would imagine as long as the flooring isn't toxic and he's comfortable with it he should be ok. Most flooring that I've seen is some sort of substrate or bedding that your hedgie can burrow and dig in. How does the matting do with fecies and urine?
  3. Jason

Jason New Member

Doesn't matter I am building a new cage for him out of Steralite containers with fleece liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Jason

Jason New Member

[​IMG]

Purgy's new setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk