1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey newbie breeder from North Carolina!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ellisrks01, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ellisrks01

ellisrks01 New Member

I made a few posts but wanted to officially introuduce myself.
    I'm from mooresville, North Carolina. I currently own 2 hedgehogs, a 5 1/2 month old male named Bruce Quillis and 6 1/2 month old female named Nikki.
    I'm a 4 year hedgie owner and new to breeding and will hopefully have my first litter in about 29 days :)
    I plan to be/stay a small scale breeder and get my usda license one day. I'm always down to learn new things! So if you ever have any tips or constructive criticism send them my way! :)
    Abdulla and Josh like this.
  2. Josh

Josh HedgehogForums Admin Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here! Can't wait to see photos of your hedgies! Be sure to enter our photo contest too!
  3. Patrick

Patrick Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to you, Mr. Quillis, and Nikki! Glad you could join us. :)
  4. Tongue Flicker

Tongue Flicker Active Member

Hey ell welcome aboard! :)
  5. Alex

Alex Member

Do your hedgies have pedigrees? How many generations of WHS free bloodlines do they each have? Do they have good temperament?
  6. ellisrks01

ellisrks01 New Member

I only have one breeding pair and this is my first breed. Both are pedigreed 5 generations healthy as can be :) both are great tempered. Male is almost 6 months and female is almost 7 months and due it 23 days. I bought both hedgehogs from reputable breeders as "breeding quality" :)
    Abdulla likes this.
  7. Alex

Alex Member

Nice what do you think the babies coloring will be like?
  8. ellisrks01

ellisrks01 New Member

I have no clue , I just seen your post about my "standard grey" male. He was sold to me as a grey and I has some people and breeders from hedgehog central comfirm it. I'll post differnt pics of him later in the color section( it wasn't the best lighting)
    And my female is algerian dark grey with lots of mottling and is 140grms bigger than the male. So we'll see :) I'm hoping they have algerian characteristics but it can go either way I heAr.
  9. Alex

Alex Member

Yeah, heck they could even come out PINTO! Lets hope not lol (pintos are cute but my heart is with Algerians). And he just seems a lot lighter than grey since grey is almost BLACK on the color scale. Olive is super dark and she's only a chocolate!
  10. Tuscadero

Tuscadero Member