1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

hedgehog bite wound

Discussion in 'General Hedgehog Discussion' started by Amber Morgan, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Amber Morgan

Amber Morgan Guest

my hedgehog it looks like got bitten by my hamster and was wondering what would be used to treat it i its not that deep but it is a little deep i was ondering if coco butter would work. i also think that my hedgie might be prego she has been with my male for a little and it looks like she is gain a little belly and its alittle hard ould the bite wound affect it.
  2. johnnysherpa

johnnysherpa New Member

Nobody replies to this thread yet, but as a newbie, while I search around the internet, I found this article, pros and cons of hedgehog, one of the cons so the hedgehogs must be kept separate because they will kill each other, so is that true?

So hedgehog will not get along well with their own species but sound okay with other species, like this case above, the hamster attacks the hedgehog. Thank you for any explanation.